Monday, January 9, 2017

Driving Through "Snowmagedon" in the South East


Last Friday I loaded up Pro-Series power hammer #13, and prepared for a long trip to Eastern Virginia. At first I didn't think much of the trip, until I looked at the weather and saw that they were about to get dumped with about 8-10 inches of snow.
 My alarm went off at 2:30 AM, I got dressed, made some coffee, and hit the road. The roads were fine until I got to Knoxville, TN, and started snowing. I-40 was pretty much snow covered, and what wasn't covered in snow, was covered in slush.



When I was about 2 hours from my destination, I came across an amazing scenic look over.



My truck parked at the overlook. My Chevy had not problems getting out.
Finally after 11.5 hours of driving, I made it to my destination, where I set up and the new owner and I test ran the hammer, and went over proper maintenance. The road leading to his shop was absolutely beautiful!
The last leg of my trip.
                                               
Hammer #13 setting in its new home!

After the hammer was set up, and we talked over a cup of coffee, I was back on the road. The trip home took long, as all the melted snow had frozen into solid sheets of black ice.
 On the last 3 hours of my trip, the heater went out on the truck, which made it quite uncomfortable as the temperature had dropped to 6 degree's.
 I made it home at 6:00 Saturday morning. On this trip I saw the sun rise in Tennessee, the sun set in Virginia, and the sun rise again in Kentucky. All in all, I drove for 27 straight hours, and was awake for 28.5 hours.

~Chase~


No comments: