Monday, April 26, 2010

Great.. Just me and the Beaver.

Last Saturday was the first day of Turkey hunting, so I loaded up my 20 ga shotgun and headed for the woods.

I heard allot of gobbling when I called, but none if the Gobblers would come my way. So wile I sat under a large Oak tree along side of the creek I saw a beaver swim towards the creek bank that I was sitting on. After he got out of the water I figured that he had seen me and swam away, but after a few minutes I heard something to my right. I looked over, and there he was siting on his tail looking at me with wondering eyes, and he wasn't about 16" away from me!!! I had seen a photo of a man that had been bit by a beaver, not wanting to find out how sharp his teeth were I scared him away with a quick jerk of my body. When he saw that he ran into the creek and splashed his tail, getting me all wet.

It is cool to see wild animals in their natural habitat, but that instance was a little to close for my liking.

Chase

1 comment:

mallin mom said...

I think I saw a beaver on the side of Plano Road this morning. It was so flooded the poor thing probably was lost! Glad yours didn't get any closer!!!!