Friday, May 10, 2013

First Vehicle, and a new chapter in my life

Hey yall,

I know it's been a while since I have posted on here, but life has been crazy.

Last week, and this week was a big week for me.  Last week, I bought my first my vehicle!!!!!! I got a 1986 Jeep CJ7, it has a 4cyl engine, 4spd transmission. When I bought it, I knew it needed a little work, and so far I have changed the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, plug wires, wipers, and wiper arms. I still have to rebuild the carb, fix the rear spring shackle, install a new driver side seat belt assembly, install a new radio, speakers, and clutch master cylinder.  I plan on fixing it up to where it is a dependable daily driver, and then try to sell it, and maybe make some $$$.  :)

Also, this past week, I quit my job at the boat shop. I felt that it was time for me to move on from there, and get my own business up and going.  I still have my ebay store that produces some income, but on the evening that I quit, I was asked to quote some custom hand forged strap hinges for a local log home company. While at the log home company, my dad and I were asked if we would be interested in building a log house!!!!!  I'm not sure if that will work out, but if not, we got some other potential construction jobs.

It feels good to be working for myself in a way, but at the same time it's kinda nerve racking, after getting used to a steady pay check. I can see now why some people are scared to quit their jobs and work for them selves, but I will never have a better time in my life to do this than now.


Post a Comment