Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Forging a memory


Just did something fun this evening.

I made some modifications to my forge hood to make it draw better, and after that, I had to do some forging. you know, gotta make sure the forge hood works better. ;)
But by that time, it was getting dark, and my shop doesn't have any electric lighting in it since we had to take it down when we put up the ceiling insulation.

So I worked by the firelight of the forge, and when it got REALLY dark, I lit a candle and set it on the far side of my anvil.  It was a humble reminder of how this craft hasn't changed much over the course of time, and of my humble beginnings in my small log blacksmith shop.

Made a nice leaf key fob/ necklace pendant too, but more importantly, I forged a memory that will last a life time.

2 comments:

Frontier Carpenter said...

Isn't it amazing how much we take light for granted

Blacksmith Chase said...

Yes it truly is, and I think that has to go for a lot of other "little" things we can take for granted.