Thursday, May 19, 2011

Folk School!!!!!!!!!

Hey yall, I know that my last blog post wasn't that exiting, but I think this one is...... At least for me!!!!

Last year my good friend Dave went to a school in North Carolina called John C Campbell to learn some new blacksmithing techniques. When he got back he told me all about JCC, and was trying to get me to go, but at the time I didn't have the $$$$ to go, for the classes are a little high. So now after working for the Mennonites I had the $$$ but I didn't have the inspiration to go, UNTIL....... The other day Dave e-mailed me and told me that he was going to go to JCC 5 times this year, and was wanting to know if I wanted to go with him. That way we could split the cost of the trip. I looked in to it, and I found that 2 of the 5 classes he was going to were the ones I had originally wanted to take!!!!! There is another class (#5) that looks interesting, but as it stands now I won't have the $$$ to go, but I am working on that problem.

If you have never heard of  John C Campbell Folk School, don't feel bad neither did I until Dave told me about it. Here is a link telling a little bit about the school https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=articles&article_cat_id=5&article_id=5

Also Dad is thinking of going to a class, he will be learning to build a casket........ Not exactly what I would want to spend a week doing.

Got to run for now.

No comments: